Saturday, August 17, 2013

Little Things. Greece Post 3

I haven't worn shoes in over 48 hours.

Greek yogurt is simply called yogurt.

My hair still smells like salt from the ocean even after I have showered.

I have lost 3 articles of clothing due to wind blowing them off the clothes line.

The taste of Greek chocolate lingers in my mouth.

I have listened to Acts 17 on Mars Hill.

Almost everyday since being here I have ate a fresh fig off of the tree.

I have had couscous, feta, and olives for dinner the last 4 of 5 nights.

The people at the local bakery now know my coffee order (a cappuccino freddo).

I'm training for a half marathon that runs the course of the actual marathon.

My body has scrapes all over from climbing, one from a fig tree and another from a cliff.

I have eaten from 5 different gyro shops.

Getting lost on adventures in unavoidable.

I spent 3 hours in the acropolis museum.

A stray dog followed me today for several kilometers.

I'm in the process of memorizing Philippians, in order to recite it while there.

Bread dipped in olive oil is a part of every lunch.

I have taken more naps during the national quiet hours these last 2 weeks than I did my entire year at Moody.

God has guided my heart to love this land.

1 comment: