Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Salt In A Cut.

Being told you did something wrong when you already know, feels like salt in a cut. However, I must remind myself one doesn't intentionally put salt in a cut, it happens through life. You sweat, eat some french fries, attempt to take a bath. Then the sting hits you.

I knew it was wrong, but that's the way sin is. There is the gut reaction within ourselves that loathes what we are about to do, then the sweet satisfaction of priding ourselves above rules and indulging in desire. I did it because I was jealous. This insult tasted sweet upon my tongue, and made me feel like I had finally one up-ed her. After all, I am the better one right?

What looked sweet, seared my skin when I realized what I had done. Her dull reaction said it all. I hurt her. My words provoked a sense of loss. I built her up, to take her down. I attempted to steal something that God had given her, the truth of her identity. At this moment, I was no better than the serpent. I twisted the words of God who spoke identity into her life, and replaced it with frilly letters that spelt out "fake."

I was wrong. I knew I was wrong. Then, I was told I was wrong.
Now with salt in my self imposed cut, I hurt for her. While my wounds of produce death, Christ's wound heal. For "by His scourging we are healed." Isaiah 53:6

No comments:

Post a Comment