Saturday, July 13, 2013

Gone Fishing.

My dad loves fishing. Throughout the summer it was fairly common for my dad to tug gently on my arm early in the morning asking me if I wanted to come with him. In childhood I seized every opportunity. However, stubbornness of adolescence crept in and it became increasingly rare for me to say yes. After all, fishing meant being up before the crack of dawn, and sitting in silence for hours. 
I now realize that my dad asked me, because he just liked being with me and sharing each others presence. 

This morning I was woken up similarly by God.  I heard the sweet, soft, and strong voice whisper Marina, do you want to come sit by the lake with me? 
Hearing my Father's voice, I was awakened. I followed His lead as he took me to the bay. 
Here I sat with God, expecting Him to say more. 
I then realized He from the start just wanted me to sit. 

The trees, wind, and waves speak the words of His presence. 

Psalm 143:8
Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;
For I trust in You; 
Teach me the way in which I should walk; 
For to You I lift up my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment