Friday, October 18, 2013

Joys, Sorrows, & Lessons. Greece Post 9

This will be my last blog post from Greece. Sunday morning we leave Leptokarya to take a 7 hour bus to Athens. From Athens we fly to Amsterdam and spend the night. Monday from Amsterdam we fly to Chicago arriving at O'Hare around 2pm.

While in many ways I don't understand my experience here are a few joys, sorrows, and lessons in relation to my leaving Greece:

Joys about returning to America:
Returning to the Sunday night prayer gathering at Moody
Flushing toilet paper
My Ukulele
Good black coffee
Fresh air non-second hand smoke infused
Internet on my phone
Understanding what people are saying
Going to my church
Drying clothes in a drier

Sorrows about leaving Greece:
Not hearing the Greek language
No more Cappucino Freddos
No more (good) Souvlaki
Not being near the Sea
No more stumbling over ruins
No more gelato
No more white houses with blue trim
No more bakeries
No more quiet hours (aka nap time)
No more (socially accpeted) olive oil on everything
Not knowing when/if I will be back
Saying difficult goodbyes

Lessons I have learned:
Daily learning who God is
What it means to live in simplicity
To learn you have to take risks
How much I appreciate Moody
God is faithful
All that God does is beautiful
The power of prayer
In Him we live and move and have our being


So long lovely land

No comments:

Post a Comment